WILDLAND FIREFIGHTERS WANTED – ALL POSITIONS
CURRENTLY SEEKING QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR: CRWB, ENGB, FFT1/ICT5, FFT2 (EXPERIENCED AND ENTRY LEVEL).
EXPAND YOUR EXPERIENCES BEYOND THE ORDINARY. REWARDING SUMMER JOB FOR ADVENTUROUS AND DEDICATED SERVICE MINDED PEOPLE.
GFP is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer committed to an inclusive, multicultural workplace which values diversity and actively encourages members of diverse communities to apply.
FREE TRAINING PROVIDED – Create your user account now and register for class today.
To be eligible for employment as a Wildland Firefighter (this is an on-call seasonal position):
- Must be 18 years old
- Be able to pass drug screen
- Be able to pass a criminal history Background check (back 7 years)
- Provide 2 pieces of proper I-9 documentation (able to pass E-verification process)
- New Hires: Requires 36-40 hours entry level training (S-130/S-190, I-100, L-180, IS-700)
- Second Year FF’s: Completion of the 8 hour Annual Fireline Refresher course (RT-130)
- Pass a physical fitness pack test (must be able to walk 3 miles with a 45 lb. pack under 45 minutes)
- Willing to travel and be on the road for extended periods
- Performing duties as a wildland firefighter
- Digging hand-line and fire trailing
- Using fireline hand tools and equipment to put out spot fires and perform mop-up activities
- Maintaining situational awareness and safe work practices
- Adhere to company policies (i.e., sexual harassment, conduct, media, drug and alcohol, etc.)
- Teamwork and the ability to follow the chain of command
- Good physical fitness and conditioning
- Carrying up to 50-70lbs pounds (supplies, tools, hose, fireline pack, etc.)
- Hiking over steep uneven terrain
- Working long hours, often times in a hostile environment
Pay depends on experience:
- New firefighters start out at $16.54/hr
- FFT1-ICT5 start at $19.00 to $23.00/hr
- CRWB and ENGB positions from $25-$35/hr
Human Resource contacts:
- Mike Denning 541-967-8425
We will happily answer any of your employment related questions. We will also provide assistance with creating user accounts, class registrations, and file transfers. The employment application and orientation process is completed during your training class.
We put SAFETY first and ask that our personnel make this safety pledge:
Veterans encouraged to apply / Equal Opportunity Employer